Course Code: AUR30320
CRICOS Code: 111819M
Course Code: AUR40620 | CRICOS Code: 111820G
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who work as master diagnostic technicians the automotive service and repair industry; servicing, diagnosing and repairing vehicle electrical systems and components. A range of advanced electrical diagnostic skills and knowledge is necessary, and leadership and supervision of others would be expected.
No licensing, legislative or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication.
Students are encouraged to seek industry work placement to gain the maximum benefit from the course. This is an opportunity to not only apply and practice the skills acquired in a formal work environment, but to improve their capabilities. As a result, the student will not only meet but exceed their learning outcomes.
Course Duration: 30 weeks
Tuition Fee: AUD $10,000
Material Fee: AUD $2500
Total Fee: AUD $12,500
Those undertaking AUR40620 Certificate IV in Automotive Electrical Technology must have completed AUR30320 Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology.
The following are the Admission requirements of ISMT college:
- Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of course commencement.
- Some prospective students may be asked to undertake an LLN assessment or enrolment interview prior to acceptance.
- Must have completed Australian Year 11 or equivalent level of schooling or a Certificate III or higher qualification with an Australian institution.
- Must demonstrate English level of IELTS 5.5 with no band less that 5.0 or equivalent, such as:
PTE Academic 42
General English Upper Intermediate
Certificate III or higher qualification with an Australian institution.
- Must have the ability to carry out workshop training involving physical activity, including lifting.
ISMT may also conduct an entry interview with all prospective students to confirm their details and ensure that the course selected is the most appropriate for their needs.
|2023 Intake Dates||2024 Intake Dates|
|21st August, 2023||29th January, 2024|
|09th October, 2023||04th March, 2024|
|13th November 2023||22th April, 2024|
|27th May, 2024|
|15th July, 2024|
|19th August, 2024|
|07th October, 2024|
|11th November 2024|
Students will need to successfully complete all units in this course to receive certificate of Certificate IV in Automotive Electrical Technology (Battery Electric Vehicle) Learners who partially complete the qualification will receive a Statement of Attainment for the units they are deemed competent.
This course is perfect for those working/who have worked in the automotive industry or apprentices to formally recognise their competency via on and off-the-job learning strategies. Students will learn a range of electrical and electronic diagnostic and repair skills and procedures including:
- Complex diagnostic skills of different vehicle systems – braking systems, convenience and entertainment systems, engines, air-conditioning
- Identifying complex faults
- Repairing electrical circuits
- AUR50216 Diploma of Automotive Technology
- or other relevant qualifications
- Electrical Master Diagnostic Technician
- Automotive Lead Master Technician
- Automotive Technical Adviser
|Core Units – 1|
|AURTTA021||Diagnose complex system faults|
|Elective Units – 9|
|AURETR125||Test, charge and replace batteries and jump-start vehicles|
|AURETK002||Use and maintain electrical test equipment in an automotive workplace|
|AURETR006||Solder electrical wiring and circuits|
|AURETH002||Service and maintain battery electric vehicles*|
|AURETH101||Depower and reinitialise battery electric vehicles|
|AURETH103||Diagnose and repair high voltage rechargeable energy storage systems in battery electric vehicles*|
|AURETH106||Diagnose and repair auxiliary motors and associated components in battery electric vehicles*|
|AURETH104||Diagnose and repair traction motor speed control systems in battery electric vehicles|
|AURETH108||Diagnose and repair HVAC and rechargeable energy storage cooling systems in battery electric vehicle*|